Wednesday, August 8, 2007

EYE EXAM

Eye Exam
I worked for an Ophtalmologist for 23 years, and in my first years we had these funny (now) things happen.

A man comes into the office for an eye exam. I take him into the room to do a history on him, he hands
me a note, that read: My Primary Dr. says that I have to take my pants off before I have exams, so you can
get a good exam. I siad, 'Sir this is a eye exam, you do not have to undress. He got mad and walked out!
New to the practise, one day a man comes in and I waited on him and he said: I have a problem with my
eye, What kind of problem I asked? He opened his hand and in his hand he had an eyeball. I backed away.
First it made me sick and 2nd I ran to the Doctor to have him come and see this guy, the Doctor then told me
it was a prosthetic eye. He just needs it cleaned. The office laughed their butts off,. they said I turned several
shades of whitewhen he showed me that eyeball.
A few years ago, one of the pts that we had seen for years and he liked to joke around on each visit.
This day I was helping out front, checking in patients. He said, "Mary have you ever seen rattle snake eggs?"
"No" I said. then he hands me this envelope, and said the eggs are inside, I proceded to open it when this noise
and movement started, I jumped out of my chair, threw my pen and of course yelled. He and his wife and the
reception room started laughing so hard, he came around the desk and hugged me. In this envelopeis a rubber
band wrapped around something, so when you release the pressure the rubber band unwinds and moves, it
sounds like a rattle snake. Believe me it scared the crap out of me. Whenever he came in he always laughed
at me, and said I was the best laugh he ever had.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. ~C.S. Lewis

No comments: